- The Upper House - Hong Kong
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Thursday, October 21, 2021
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a Sommelier, you’ll work to assist Chef Sommelier in supervising and monitoring all matters relating to wine in the hotel.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/ dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
• Fun: Meet with hoteliers who bring playfulness at work each day!
• Appreciation: An appreciative & supportive culture that allows you to be your best self.
• Empowerment: We invite you to speak up & put your own ideas into actions.
• Development: Tons of learning opportunities for you to upskill yourself.
• Authenticity: You got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos? No worries, we accept the stylish you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience: At least 3 years' experience in similar capacity in high-end restaurant.
- Skills: Extensive food and beverage knowledge. Excellent command of English & Chinese.
- Personality: Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and Management demands. Able to cope with pressure. Open outgoing positive attitude.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist Chef Sommelier to set and executes objectives and guidelines of wine programmes.
- Maintain tight financial control relating to the budgets and goals set by department.
- Assist in maintaining accuracy and efficiency of wine stock movement, requisition and transfer together with Chef Sommelier and Storekeeper (37/F and 49/F).
- Sustain a positive and professional relationship with suppliers, in line with company standards.
- Inspect wine storage room and restaurant fridges daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Assist with training programmes for the department, organise and follow through with daily team member briefings and trainings.
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.