Applications for the Swire Hotels Hackathon 2023 now open.
At Swire Hotels, we're always looking for the next challenge and to push forward lasting, impactful change.
As part of our passion for innovation and creativity, we are hosting the Swire Hotels Hackathon to accelerate the future of the luxury hospitality industry through new ideas. A case competition format encourages problem solving and critical thinking over a longer term period, followed by an in-person Hackathon Day to further develop and pitch your ideas. Technologists, data scientists, design thinkers, hoteliers and business consultants will come together to come up with working solutions to real world problems in an exciting, supportive environment.
Why This Hackathon
From professional growth to networking, the Swire Hotels Hackathon offers a stimulating and fun upskilling experience.
- Grow and learn: Professional support will inspire and guide young talent during the ideation, development and pitching stages.
- Push your limits: Develop innovative and actionable solutions beyond what you imagined possible.
- Get connected and noticed: This is a great opportunity to network and meet industry leaders and key people in Swire Hotels.
- Pioneer future advancements: Teams will have the chance to pitch original technology solutions to a panel of influential professionals. Your fresh ideas may spark innovation in the hospitality industry and help you grow in your field.
Who can apply?
- University students (including bachelor and master candidates)
- Young professionals with working experience
- General requirements:
2-5 members per team
At least half of the team are based in Hong Kong or able to attend the Hackathon in-person session
- Pre-formed team:
Please sign up to “Team” ticket in Eventbrite
Submit one registration form for each teammate
- Individual applicant:
Please sign up to “Individual” ticket in Eventbrite
Specify your team role and we shall share with you how to find teammates.
Further details will be provided following registration.
- Data Scientist: Machine learning development, modeling
- Product Master/Business Expert: Business and domain knowledge.
- Developer: Software and application development, integration
- Designer: UI/UX
*A team should have at least two core roles.
Meet our Judges
During the second round of the Swire Hotels Hackathon, finalists will pitch on stage to industry professionals. Meet the panel below.
More judges to come, stay tuned!
Managing Director, Swire Hotels
JP, Chairman, Hong Kong Association for Customer Service Excellence (HKACE) and Chief Corporate Development Officer of CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd
Head of Enterprise Commercial, Microsoft Hong Kong
Head of Professional Services, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Regional Director, Fortinet Hong Kong, Macau and Mongolia
BBS, JP, Chairman, Board of Directors, Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) and Vice-President (Administration), City University of Hong Kong
Director of Information Technology, Swire Hotels