- How do I know my registration is confirmed and I am able to participate?
After your registration is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite.
- I'm interested in joining the Hackathon, but don't have a team. Can I form a team with other participants?
Yes, certainly. While participants are encouraged to join as a group, accepted applicants without a team will have a chance to find teammates in the participant pool via Slack.
Sign up now noting your team role in the registration form. Further details will be provided following the registration.
- What if some of my teammates are not based in Hong Kong?
Not a problem – however it is required that at least half of the team are based in Hong Kong or able to attend the Hackathon day on 25 March 2023 in person.
- What is the process after registration?
You can start thinking of ideas from the case studies, and we will invite you to join Slack.
Around mid-February, you will also receive an invitation to attend a webinar where industry mentors will talk about the case studies and provide inspiration to help you further optimize the solutions. We will then send you the requirements for slides for your proposed solutions. You will need to submit your solutions via email before the deadline which is on March 1.
- How can I get a headstart on the Hackathon?
Here are some tips for your team to develop the solutions:
Start early: Begin thinking about the case studies as soon as possible. This will give you enough time to come up with a well-thought-out idea that really tackles the pain points. Think about how to use the newest technologies such as Generative AI, Blockchain, and VR and incorporate them into your solutions
Research the case study: Take time to research the Hackathon's themes and think about how to apply it to your project. This will help you come up with a unique and relevant idea that stands out from the competition.
Seek feedback: Ask for feedback from friends, mentors, or other experienced individuals before submitting your presentation. Especially individuals who have hospitality experience. Feel free to reach out to us as well. Getting input from others as you develop your working solution is a valuable resource for improving your proposal.
- What is the presentation format for the hackathon?
Participants will be required to submit a presentation PPT to showcase their ideas in the initial submission round. Then the shortlisted teams will be invited to pitch their ideas in person at EAST Hotel on March 25. (Optional: if your team develops a prototype for the final round, you will receive bonus points)
^ Terms & Conditions
Direct Admission to HKSTP Ideation Programme by fulfilling Programme admission requirements below:
- An HKID holder aged 18 or above, OR;
- Incorporated as a limited business in Hong Kong for less than 2 years prior to the application start date, OR;
- A team looking to earn startup support* AND
- Not previously or currently enrolled in any other local ideation / incubation / acceleration program (e.g. Cyberport / HKSTP) (Exceptions: University startup programs)
* It is required to have a limited company incorporated in Hong Kong before the official program start date.
For more details, please visit: https://www.hkstp.org/what-we-offer/incubation-and-acceleration-programmes/ideation