- The Upper House - Hong Kong
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Thursday, September 16, 2021
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a Server, you’ll work to assist Operation Manager and Team Leader to operate the general day-to-day running of the restaurant
Your success: Create a unique, memorable and personalised dining experience for every guest, ensure they are served with genuine care.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/ dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Fun: Meet with hoteliers who bring playfulness at work each day!
- Appreciation: An appreciative & supportive culture that allows you to be your best self.
- Empowerment: We invite you to speak up & put your own ideas into actions.
- Development: Tons of learning opportunities for you to upskill yourself.
- Authenticity: You got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos? No worries, we accept the stylish you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience: Minimum 6 months - 1 year experience in similar position or fresh graduate from a hospitality course.
- Education: Form 5 or above.
- Skills: Good knowledge on food and beverage. Good communicational and interpersonal skills. Basic written and spoken English and Chinese. Proficiency in Putonghua would be an advantage.
- Personality: Interest in developing knowledge about food and beverage. Interest in developing within the industry.
- Extra Awesome: Passion to work as part of a team to achieve goals set by management. Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and Management demands.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Handles complaints from guests and team members, and informs Management when complaints are given.
- Proposes ways to improve the efficiency of the operation and inform Team Leader of your ideas.
- Works in a section of restaurant or bar under the direct supervision of a Captain or Team Leader and ensures all guests are satisfied and served according to hotel standards.
- Acknowledges and warmly welcomes/ fondly farewells all guests using their name where possible.
- Ensures all customer contacts are handled politely and efficiently.
- Ensures product knowledge on the following as a base level requirement including signature dishes, signature drinks, wines by the glass, daily cheese board, weekly prix fix and market menu.
- Takes responsibility for the overall cleanliness and tidiness of the restaurant.
- Takes good care of all operating equipment to ensures a minimum of breakage and damage.
- Creates a safe and accident-free environment for all.
- Controls the quality of food and beverage served.
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.