- The Upper House - Hong Kong
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Friday, March 3, 2023
The Upper House conjures a sense of tranquility with the warmth of a private residence. Overlooking Hong Kong’s bright lights from above Admiralty’s Pacific Place, our House has 117 rooms. Bespoke service, well-crafted natural materials and a design aesthetic based around the ‘Upward Journey’ creates a timeless serenity that flows through the different rooms of our House.
We are looking for a Pastry Commis l to join our Kitchen team.
You can create result with us using your expertise to…
- Maintain high standards of appearance and good personal hygiene.
- Follow instructions for preparation and food handling.
- Ensure hygiene standards are kept at all times.
- Work closely with Stewards to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen area as well as the equipment and utensils.
- Report any problems, failures of machines or small equipment and so on as soon as possible.
- Inspect all refrigerated areas and ensures regular turnover of food items.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head from time to time.
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- 2 years of relevant job experience
- Form 3 or above. Completed apprenticeship course.
- Basic Food and Beverage knowledge. Outstanding technical cooking skills.
- Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and Management demands. Able to cope with pressure.
- Passionate in developing knowledge about culinary
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Meet with hoteliers who bring playfulness at work each day!
- Enjoy an appreciative & supportive culture that allows you to be your best self.
- Speak up & put your own ideas into actions.
- Enjoy tons of learning opportunities for you to upskill yourself.
- Be welcomed for the stylish you, if you got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos!
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.