- The Upper House - Hong Kong
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Thursday, September 16, 2021
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a Guest Coordinator, you’ll work to assist Restaurant Director and Operation Manager to supervise all reservations and coordinate all guests to the dining room.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/ dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
• Fun: Meet with hoteliers who bring playfulness at work each day!
• Appreciation: An appreciative & supportive culture that allows you to be your best self.
• Empowerment: We invite you to speak up & put your own ideas into actions.
• Development: Tons of learning opportunities for you to upskill yourself.
• Authenticity: You got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos? No worries, we accept the stylish you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience: Minimum 2 years Food and Beverage experience is preferred.
- Education: Form 5 standard or above. Hotel management graduate preferred.
- Skills: Computer skills: Word and Excel preferred. Good knowledge of English in speaking and writing.
- Personality: Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and Management demands.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Inspects the front and back areas and makes sure all are always impeccable.
- Creates a great first impression to all guests.
- Manages and controls all reservations, according to hotel standards.
- Manages and controls guest coordination within the restaurant.
- Is open and receptive to training and development.
- Updates and maintains guest database system according to hotel standard.
- Records guests’ preferences, according to hotel standard.
- Handles complaints from guests and seeks assistance if necessary.
- Attends all daily meetings and training sessions proactively.
- Finds ways to improve the efficiency of the operation that will benefit our clients.
- Finds ways of maximising and increasing sales and/ or yield (in revenue centres).
- Proposes, and initiates when approved, new services and products for our guests.
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the Management from time to time.
- Demonstrates a high standard of personal appearance, always wears the full and correct uniform and ensures good personal hygiene both for self and team.
- Acknowledges and welcomes all guests.
- Ensures all customer contact is handled politely and efficiently, ascertaining and accurately meets their needs.
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.