- The Upper House - Hong Kong
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Friday, March 3, 2023
The Upper House conjures a sense of tranquility with the warmth of a private residence. Overlooking Hong Kong’s bright lights from above Admiralty’s Pacific Place, our House has 117 rooms. Bespoke service, well-crafted natural materials and a design aesthetic based around the ‘Upward Journey’ creates a timeless serenity that flows through the different rooms of our House.
We are looking for a Restaurant & Bar Management Trainee to join our Restaurant & Bar team.
Our management trainee programme offers you...
- Job exposure through a tailor-made 12 to 18-month programme at The Upper House
- Opportunities to gain insights into management perspective and develop a well-rounded understanding of the hotel business, knowledge, and skills through involvement in every aspect of hotel management, focusing on Guest Experience
- Exposures in developing leadership capability to take on future managerial role within our restaurants
The programme equips you with hands-on experience in…
- Report to Director of Restaurants and Bar
- Go through on-the-job training in Restaurant & Bar department with exposure to other hotel functions through familiarization/ cross exposure to develop a better understanding of overall hotel operations and how various functions are interlinked
- Perform duties on different roles to develop skills and knowledge on operations and procedures. Take on people responsibilities to develop people leadership skills. The Restaurant & Bar Management Trainee will progress into more substantial roles throughout the programme
- Assist with different projects as assigned by the Department Head. This may involve conducting research and analysis and coming up with different ideas that will enhance hotel offerings and business performance. Through involvement in different projects, the Restaurant & Bar Management Trainee will develop leadership and project management skills and be able to demonstrate managerial potentials
- Participate in various operations and business meetings to develop business acumen
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- To be yourself, a warm and engaging character is a definite advantage
- Fun-loving, creative and passionate in making a difference
- A good team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly flexible and ready to take on challenges
- Degree in Hotel and/or Tourism Management or equivalent preferred, with less than 2 years of post-graduate work experience in the hotel industry
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Have a fun, creative, energetic and dynamic working environment
- Have a respectful and supportive culture that allows you to be your best self and attain personal growth
- Enjoy attractive benefits and excellent career development opportunities to become our future leader
- Receive training and mentoring support throughout the programme to achieve programme objectives
- Have cross exposure opportunities in other locations and hotel functions
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.