- The Upper House - Hong Kong
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Friday, March 3, 2023
The Upper House conjures a sense of tranquility with the warmth of a private residence. Overlooking Hong Kong’s bright lights from above Admiralty’s Pacific Place, our House has 117 rooms. Bespoke service, well-crafted natural materials and a design aesthetic based around the ‘Upward Journey’ creates a timeless serenity that flows through the different rooms of our House.
We are looking for an Executive Chef to join our Kitchen team.
You can create result with us using your expertise to…
- Ensure day-to-day running of kitchen
- Design, plan, coordinate, and supervise all menus in the restaurant
- Maintain a cost efficient and industrious department
- Prepare in accordance with quality, availability and seasonality, and ensure market lists are completed on a daily and weekly basis
- Control food cost and maintain food standards through liaison with the Purchasing Department to check prices, market price fluctuation, quality, etc.
- Ensure food standards and presentation are maintained and always improved
- Organise food production in a cost effective and hygienic manner
- Assist the Purchasing Department with the purchase of all food items and kitchen equipment
- Recruit, train and manage discipline of all kitchen team members
- Strive to improve operating procedures
- Responsible for and accountable for the departmental operating budget
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- Total 10 years or above in culinary field, of which 5 years’ experience in similar position / 4 years of international exposure, preferably with Asian experience
- Degree holder in Hotel and Catering Management preferred
- Excellent Food and Beverage knowledge and strong leadership skill
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Meet with hoteliers who bring playfulness at work each day!
- Enjoy an appreciative & supportive culture that allows you to be your best self.
- Speak up & put your own ideas into actions.
- Enjoy tons of learning opportunities for you to upskill yourself.
- Be welcomed for the stylish you, if you got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos!
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.