- The Upper House - Hong Kong
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Monday, March 14, 2022
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a Commis I, you’ll work to assist Chef de Partie in day-to-day operation.
Your success: Ensuring a smooth kitchen operation.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/ dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Fun: Meet with hoteliers who bring playfulness at work each day!
- Appreciation: An appreciative & supportive culture that allows you to be your best self.
- Empowerment: We invite you to speak up & put your own ideas into actions.
- Development: Tons of learning opportunities for you to upskill yourself.
- Authenticity: You got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos? No worries, we accept the stylish you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience: 1 - 3 years’ experience in similar position, hotel experience preferred.
- Education: Form 3 or above. Completed apprenticeship course.
- Skills: Good Food and Beverage knowledge. Outstanding technical cooking skills.
- Personality: Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and Management demands. Able to cope with pressure.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Handle mise-en-place preparation.
- Maintain high standards of appearance and good personal hygiene.
- Follow instructions for preparation and food handling.
- Ensure hygiene standards are kept at all times.
- Report any problems, failures of machines or small equipment and so on as soon as possible.
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.