- The Upper House - Hong Kong
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Friday, March 3, 2023
The Upper House conjures a sense of tranquility with the warmth of a private residence. Overlooking Hong Kong’s bright lights from above Admiralty’s Pacific Place, our House has 117 rooms. Bespoke service, well-crafted natural materials and a design aesthetic based around the ‘Upward Journey’ creates a timeless serenity that flows through the different rooms of our House.
We are looking for a Chef Sommelier/Sommelier to join our Restaurant & Bar team.
You can create result with us using your expertise to…
- Assist Director of Restaurants to set objectives and guidelines of wine programmes
- Maintain a tight financial control relating to the budget and set goals
- Create and updates the master wine list
- Maintain a set stock of wines in the storeroom and manage storeroom efficiently
- Seek new interesting wines constantly to enhance the master wine list and wine programmes
- Advise the Manager on discussions with Chefs to produce wine pairings with menus
- Control the quality of beverage sales and services on the restaurant floor.
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- Minimum 5 years Food and Beverage experience and minimum 4 years at supervisory level
- Hotel management graduate preferred. Form 5 standard or above. Degree in wine
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge. Excellent command of English & Chines
- Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and Management demands. Able to cope with pressure. Open outgoing positive attitude.
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Meet with hoteliers who bring playfulness at work each day!
- Enjoy an appreciative & supportive culture that allows you to be your best self.
- Speak up & put your own ideas into actions.
- Enjoy tons of learning opportunities for you to upskill yourself.
- Be welcomed for the stylish you, if you got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos!
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.