- The Temple House - Chengdu
- Sales and Marketing
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
Purpose of Role
As a Director of Communications at The Temple House, you will use your passion in hotels and communications to promote and maintain good communications to enhance our hotel image and contribute to the revenues of the hotel.
What you'll do?
- Create an annual PR plan with monthly actions for the promotion of rooms and restaurants and bars in conjunction with the Chefs, R&B and DOSM.
- Issue press releases and features on the hotel to the local, national and international media.
- Maintain close relationships with editors and journalists of local newspapers, magazines, radio and television stations.
- Create opportunities for the hotel to sponsor local charities and or cosponsor events in line with our positioning.
- Assist the DOSM in creating the annual hotel business plan.
- Ensure that the hotel website is continually updated with latest information, promotions and restaurant and bar offerings.
- Fully understand how the hotel is regarded in the community and develop a thorough knowledge of the competitive situation in terms of business mix of competitors, pricing and advertising strategies. Able to share marketing intelligence on a weekly basis from primary competitor hotels.
- Assist DOSM to set policies and procedures pertaining to sales and ensure all manuals/systems are up to date and in use.
- Work with agency on website SEO and SEM strategies on google and baidu, drive traffic and hotel ranking on both searching engine.
- Develop online marketing campaigns base on PR plan, drive hotel awareness and build world –of-mouth market. (weibo, wechat, local popular social website, BBS)
What you'll need?
- A people leader with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Fun-loving, creative and passionate in making a difference
- Goal driven, eager to grow and learn
- 5 years’ experience in a previous position in a Hotel or related industry
- Fluent English / Chinese in speaking, reading, writing and listening
- Be sensitive and familiar to all new social media channels
What you'll get?
- A fun, creative, energetic and dynamic working environment
- A respectful and supportive culture that allows you to be your best self and attain personal growth
- Attractive benefits and excellent career development opportunities
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.