- The Opposite House - Beijing
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Saturday, March 18, 2023
The Opposite House A striking place of dramatic contrasts and evocative art, The Opposite House invites you to explore deeper. Designed by architect Kengo Kuma to blend bold modern sensibilities with Chinese traditions, our House in Taikoo Li Sanlitun is as much a destination for art lovers as it is for travellers.
We are looking for a Restaurants & Bar Captain to join our Restaurants & Bar team.
You can create result with us using your expertise to…
- Apply full knowledge of the menu, wine and beverage offerings including specials and promotional material.
- Understand what is going on in other departments and implications for your own department.
- Understand clearly of guest expectations.
- Adhere to any reasonable request or change to working time or area, within the parameters set out by company standards.
- Comply with company grooming standards unless the GM gives specific exceptions.
- Understand relevant H&S legislation and the implications on the operation of the department.
- Monitor the preparation of station assignment, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness within all departments for equipment and working area.
- Assist all other staff members when needed.
- Continue to be productive in changing circumstances.
- Seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis actively.
- Agree and implement actions to make improvements to customer service.
- Deal with and learns from customer complaints/comments positively.
- Make sure that all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively.
- Apply detailed knowledge of department Standards and operating procedures.
- Implement and follow through improvements identified.
- Sell menu items, beverages and wines always suggestively.
- Align departmental objectives for self and team.
- Develop a positive, direct and open relationship with all team members.
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- Experience: Similar experience in a previous position in a Hotel or Free Standing Restaurant.
- Education: A completed Hospitality course in a technical college or hotel school will be preferable.
- Skills: Effective interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Personality: Happy and outgoing. Goal driven, wants to grow and learn.
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Turn up in smart casual attires and be as comfortable as you can at work!
- Whoosh into the hotel with ease as it is conveniently located near bus station and accessible with public transits!
- Dine at our team dining hall and save on meals!
- Join our wellness programme and healthy pantry and attend to your mental and physical wellbeing!
- Enjoy attractive benefits (including 5-day work week) and excellent career development opportunities.
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.