- The Middle House - Shanghai
- Sales and Marketing
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Friday, March 17, 2023
The Middle House is the newest addition to The House Collective and provides an elegant and calm oasis amidst one of Asia’s most sophisticated cities. Italian designer and architect Piero Lissoni brings his signature mix of bold lines and clean silhouettes into every detail of the 111 luxuriously designed guest rooms and 102 serviced residences. Continuing the success at The Upper House in Hong Kong, Café Gray Deluxe is the all-day-dining restaurant at The Middle House, creating modern European dishes using seasonal ingredients. Inspired by Cantonese, Sichuan and Shanghainese delicacies, Sui Tang Li showcases Chinese cuisine with a twist; and Frasca, the House’s modern Italian eatery features Italian classics.
We are looking for a Reservations Agent to join our team.
You can create result with us using your expertise to…
- Ensures maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention from arrival to departure.
- Registers and escorts all arrivals according to established procedures.
- Liaises with other departments and necessary outside contracts to ensure excellent service delivery.
- Ensures personalised service to all guests. Is visible in the hotel public areas and approaches guests proactively and offers service.
- Ensures all data is entered completely into the hotel systems in accordance with each reservation.
- Maintains cashier float and ensures accurate daily report of all money received.
- Cashes hotel guest’s traveller’s checks and assists with currency exchange.
- Keeps abreast of all modifications to accounting policies and procedures.
- Attends to guest’s complaints, inquiries and requests, refers problems to Guest Experience Supervisor/ Guest Experience Manager if he/ she unable to assist.
- Performs the audit balances and prepares all works for audit in an orderly fashion.
- Checks night reports and prepares the morning report when on night shift.
- Takes personal interest and prides to ensure that the lobby area is kept clean and in an orderly state at all times.
- Is fully aware of the credit policy.
- Is fully aware of all SOPs and the standards of the guest experience department.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned.
- Demonstrates Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensures all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines.
- Is familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiates action to correct a hazardous situation and notifies supervisors of potential dangers.
- Is responsible for the proper and timely handing of residents’ requirements, inquiries and complaints. If necessary, promptly report to superiors.
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- Experience: Minimum 6 months – 1 year in similar position or fresh graduates from a hospitality course.
- Education: Diploma or above; Graduate from hotel school or hospitality training institute is preferred.
- Skills: Effective interpersonal skills team player. Familiar with computer systems and application software. Excellent oral and written communication, in both Mandarin and English.
- Personality: Goal driven personality, wants to grow and learn.
- Extra Awesome: Passionate in developing knowledge about improving guest experience
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Turn up in smart casual attires and be as comfortable as you can at work!
- Stagger your working hours and have the flexibility to create a working schedule that fits you!
- Whoosh into the hotel with ease as it is conveniently located near a metro station and accessible with public transits!
- Dine at our team dining hall and save on meals!
- Join our wellness programme and healthy pantry and attend to your mental and physical wellbeing!
- Enjoy COMPLIMENTARY room nights at all of our hotels b’cause, who doesn’t love to travel?
- Enjoy attractive benefits (including 5-day work week) and excellent career development opportunities.
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.