- The Middle House - Shanghai
- Guest Experience
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Friday, January 20, 2023
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a Director of Guest Experience, you’ll work to create and implement long term goals and strategies that will cause the hotel to succeed and grow.
Your success: Works together with your team and the Hotel Manager to create experiences and relationships with guests that are intuitive, mature, knowledgeable, spontaneous and completely focused on the guest’s needs and wants. The processes underlying this outcome should be discreet, seamless and paperless; understood, but always in the background.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/ dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Fun: Meet with hoteliers who bring playfulness at work each day!
- Location: Access to three Metro lines nearby, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible location.
- Development: Trainings to enhance your skills to upgrade yourself & equip you for challenges ahead in the evolving environment!
- Authenticity: You got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos? No worries, we accept the stylish you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience: 2-3 years as a Front Office Manager or similar capacity in luxury hotels in various countries.
- Education: College/ University degree in Hospitality Management or Business Management.
- Skills: Solid understanding of hotel accounting. Understanding of compiling and monitoring business plans. Proven skills as a trainer and developer of people. Demonstrated leadership ability. Demonstrate abilities as a strategic thinker. Good interpersonal skills. Sound analytical skills. Experience using hotel computer software Fidelio experience. Excellent computer skills in particular Microsoft Excel/ Word/ PowerPoint. Good command of English.
- Personality: Entrepreneurial/ business attitude.
- Extra Awesome: Experience with HMS Infor PMS
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ensures that team members have the competence, confidence and support to focus on making each guest interaction a pleasurable experience for both parties.
- Gives clear, concise directions, provides support and supervises team members to ensure that directions are properly executed.
- Establishes a climate of motivation and enthusiasm among your team and contributes to same in the Core Team.
- Leads by example, be intimately involved in meeting, greeting and entertaining guests and ensure your team learns from you.
- Looks for ways to refine and improve provision of service continually with your team.
- Understands our various sources of business and different expectations and has processes in place to deliver appropriate experiences.
- Is alert to business opportunities as they present themselves and share with other Core Team members.
- Ensures that the database of previous guests is accurately and completely maintained.
- Attends revenue management meetings and ensures that agreed upon strategies are implemented on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all team members are succinctly and accurately able to describe the experiences provided in each of our restaurants and bars.
- Conducts regular brief, concise, well prepared weekly meetings and morning briefings and ensures follow-up.
- Ensures that all Core Team members receive a daily briefing on the preferences of all arriving guests.
- Spends time each day communicating with guests and soliciting direct feedback to be shared at the daily hotel meeting.
- Ensures the Guest Experience Managers daily log is completed accurately and to a high level of detail and ensures that this information is shared at the daily hotel service delivery meeting.
- Prepares for and participates fully in daily Service Delivery meetings and Core Team meetings.
- Ensures that guest statistics and preferences are accurately maintained in Opera and that guest preferences are always acted upon.
- Creates and implements a process of welcome which is completely seamless.
- Maximises the use of available technology and systems to get results.
- Ensures the facilities, equipment and offices under your supervision are maintained in excellent condition.
- Develops ongoing training programmes with People Development which focus on the following areas: Confidence and spontaneity, fluent in English, Shanghai/ China knowledge – history, culture and geography, local attractions, restaurants and night spots, HMS Infor (PMS) knowledge.
- Networks within the company and the industry to keep abreast of developments affecting your field of expertise.
- Analyses guest and business partner feedback to assist in service enhancement.
- Protects the hotel’s financial interest by implementing controls for revenues, expenses, protection of assets whilst ensures guests get value for money and excellent service standards.
- Assists in ensuring that hotel provides accurate and timely monthly reports.