- The Middle House - Shanghai
- Restaurant and Bar
- Employment Type
- Management Trainee
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Friday, March 17, 2023
The Middle House is the newest addition to The House Collective and provides an elegant and calm oasis amidst one of Asia’s most sophisticated cities. Italian designer and architect Piero Lissoni brings his signature mix of bold lines and clean silhouettes into every detail of the 111 luxuriously designed guest rooms and 102 serviced residences. Continuing the success at The Upper House in Hong Kong, Café Gray Deluxe is the all-day-dining restaurant at The Middle House, creating modern European dishes using seasonal ingredients. Inspired by Cantonese, Sichuan and Shanghainese delicacies, Sui Tang Li showcases Chinese cuisine with a twist; and Frasca, the House’s modern Italian eatery features Italian classics.
We are looking for a Restaurant & Bar Management Trainee to join our Restaurant & Bar team.
Our management trainee programme offers you...
- Job exposure through a tailor-made 18-month programme at The Middle House
- Opportunities to gain insights into management perspective and develop a well-rounded understanding of the hotel business, knowledge, and skills through involvement in every aspect of hotel management, focusing on Restaurant & Bar
- Exposures in developing leadership capability to take on future managerial role within our restaurants
The programme equips you with hands-on experience in…
- Report to the Head of Operations Department in Restaurant & Bar Team
- Go through on-the-job training in Restaurant & Bar department with exposure to other hotel functions through familiarization/ cross exposure to develop a better understanding of overall hotel operations and how various functions are interlinked
- Perform duties on different roles to develop skills and knowledge on operations and procedures.Take on people responsibilities to develop people leadership skills.The Restaurant & Bar Management Trainee will progress onto more substantial roles throughout the programme
- Assist with different projects as assigned by the Department Head. This may involve conducting research and analysis and coming up with different ideas that will enhance hotel offerings and business performance.Through involvement in different projects, the Restaurant & Bar Management Trainee will develop leadership and project management skills and be able to demonstrate managerial potentials
- Provide monthly reports on observations at each department, with a view to analyse and make suggestions for improvements
- Participate in various operations and business meetings to develop business acumen
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- To be yourself, a warm and engaging character is a definite advantage
- Fun-loving, creative and passionate in making a difference
- A good team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly flexible and ready to take on challenges
- Educational background, preferably in Hotel and/or Tourism Management or equivalent, and/ less than 2 years of post-graduate work experience in the hotel industry
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Turn up in smart casual attires and be as comfortable as you can at work!
- Stagger your working hours and have the flexibility to create a working schedule that fits you!
- Whoosh into the hotel with ease as it is conveniently located near a metro station and accessible with public transits!
- Dine at our team dining hall and save on meals!
- Join our wellness programme and healthy pantry and attend to your mental and physical wellbeing!
- Enjoy COMPLIMENTARY room nights at all of our hotels b’cause, who doesn’t love to travel?
- Enjoy attractive benefits (including 5-day work week) and excellent career development opportunities.
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.