- Headland Hotel - Hong Kong
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Purpose of Role
As a Financial Controller, you’ll responsible for planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in the activities of all accounting, purchasing and MIS personnel; for ensuring compliance of all accounting systems and procedures with established standards and procedures.
Your success: You are a champion to drive and monitor all accounting and financial activities of the Hotel. A key driver to embrace our brand and lead to the success of the hotel as well as Swire Hotels.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED?
- Experience: Minimum 10 years’ work experience in international hotel chain hotels, of which at least 5 years at a senior management level.
- Education: University or post-graduate diploma graduating in hotel management/ business management or related discipline or equivalent professional qualification.
- Skills: Excellent command of written and spoken English. You’ll also need strong leadership, influencing and communication skills in this position. The capability of taking a positive, creative, innovative approach to problem solving and the ability to exercise judgement and discretion is needed. Being able to handle conflicts and ambiguity with high degree of assertiveness and diplomacy is also indispensable for this position. The ability to understand, interpret and immerse themselves in the brand would be good for this position.
- Technical Understanding: Adequate level of technical understanding of how buildings work. Well-documented inspections at the properties to keep them safe and well maintained. Familiar with common problems associated with the properties, so they can be mitigated proactively and urgent maintenance issues can be prioritised based on their urgency.
- Personality: If you are a self-motivated, goal-oriented and results-driven professional who leads by example, then this is a job for you. It is also needed to have a strategically and analytically minded with strong sense of projections. Having the drive and charisma to inspire, motivate and lead a team is also crucial.
- Extra Awesome: Good influencing skills and knowing other Asian languages would be nice too. Candidate with employment or residency in Hong Kong currently is also preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
- Work together with the General Manager and Departments Heads on all budgets and forecasts covering all activities of the hotel
- Maintain all budget control procedures and prepare cash flow projections
- Ensure all accounting reports and financial statements comply with standards and regulations by local government, including measurement of actual performances, reporting
- Analyse and interpret financial statements and accounting reports of the hotel and individual outlet reports
- Safeguard and account for all cash, cheques, bank deposits, accounts receivables, inventories and investments of the Hotel
- Review all Internal and External Auditor’s reports
- Safekeep of all contracts, leases, insurance policies and all legal and financial documents
- Review the Hotel’s tax position to minimise its tax liabilities and propose a tax plan
- Responsible for obtaining the requisite licenses for foreign exchange and other hotel licenses from the appropriate regulatory agencies
- Review and ensure proper procedures of purchasing functions and control including the approval of all purchases from the point of view of availability of funds, budgets, expense codings and reasonableness
- Overview the MIS section and to ensure that the Hotel's computer system and its software are fully utilised
- Create a cohesive and high productivity team by developing a good team spirit
- Maintain close relationship and arrange regular meetings with the owner’s representatives
- Prepare annual budgets and be responsible and accountable for financial results of the hotel
- Maintain compliance of all relevant legislative requirements
- Ensure that necessary guidelines and procedures are in place for effective management of the hotel operations
- Engage and drive sustainability programmes and achieve the SD2030 goals
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.