- Central Support Office - Hong Kong
- Project Management
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Thursday, May 6, 2021
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a Senior Project Manager, you’ll work to support the Head of Design and Project Management in the end-to-end planning, development, delivery and construction management of new hotels and the renovation of existing hotels and other assets.
Your success: Capacity to lead projects in an efficient manner to accomplish business objectives, manage available resources effectively and build internal and external stakeholder relationships and commitment. Success is ultimately defined by your ability to deliver projects on time, within budget and to specification.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/ dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Dress: Wear Smart & Casual (no formal suit) – and be as comfortable at work as you can.
- Flexibility: Staggered working hours - pick your own work schedule to fit your own plan.
- Food: Save thousands of dollars on food each year thanks to our team dining room.
- Location: Above MTR Station, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible location.
- Wellness: Chill yourself by joining our wellness programme and healthy pantry. Have FUN!
- Love Travel? Enjoy FREE room nights at all our hotels.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience in relation to premium hospitality or mixed-use project development
- Education: Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or construction related discipline
- Skills: Strong planning, organisation and time management skills, excellent command in verbal & written English, Cantonese & Mandarin, Solid experience and proven track record in delivering premium hospitality projects and technical knowledge and in-depth understanding of new build developments, interior design, fit out and construction processes with strong business acumen. High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD.
- Personality: Resourceful self-starter who is able to work proactively and possesses effective communication skills. Team player, with strong leadership skills to charter the course of projects. Passionate about quality, attentive to details, customer-focused, with the desire to deliver results.
- Extra Awesome: Preferably with global exposure
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage all aspects of asset development which encompasses project brief creation, feasibility study, budget development and management, design development through to tendering process, implementation and construction of new hotels and renovation of existing hotels and other assets.
- Plan, coordinate and manage projects, with oversight across all technical, design development, contractual, procurement and project management aspects to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and in accordance with design and quality intent.
- Manage the selection of all consultants, including scope of work definition, review of fee proposals, on-going supervision and performance management.
- Manage the design process to ensure compliance with Swire Hotels’ Design and Brand standards and all applicable local design codes and practices, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the Interior Designer, finalise the spatial planning and functional layout of typical and non-typical floors including food and beverage facilities and other function spaces, finalise the ceiling intent, floor finishing plans, interior elevations, interior architectural details, fixture and millwork design, FF&E, materials/finishes selection, etc.
- Oversee the tender process including optimising the scope of work for tender package, reviewing tender documentation, drawings and specifications for completeness, reviewing tender list and overseeing tenderers pre-qualification and assessing tender returns.
- Collaborate with consultants, main contractors, etc. liaise with the relevant authorities to secure requisite approvals for the design of the project.
- Develop communication plan amongst key internal and external stakeholders and refine the overall project cost plan, in support of budget approval.
- Embed value engineering initiatives to deliver value to the business.
- Review and approve all technical, material samples and drawing submissions in a timely manner.
- Manage the design coordination and coordinate the construction of the Interior Design Visual Mock-up to ensure design integrity is maintained for subsequent inspection and approval.
- Inspect the progress and quality of the construction build and related works to ensure compliance with design and quality intent during construction phase. On a project specific basis, direct the on-site team in relation to site planning, quality control standards, scheduling, handover requirements and defects rectification.