- Central Support Office - Hong Kong
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Swire Hotels is a group of individual hotel brands who set out to craft extraordinary hospitality for our guests. Our two brands, The House Collective and EAST, are found all over the world…… hopefully soon! Each exceptionally unique yet joined by a shared appreciation for aesthetics and service excellence.
We craft our journeys with passions in:
- Art – Perhaps the greatest expression of one person’s individuality which we proudly celebrate, art flows through everything at Swire Hotels.
- Sustainability – We strive to create a healthy ecosystem of people who are concerned about our impact on the environment, embody our values, and have the passion to always grow, inspire and innovate.
- Wellness – Everyone’s journey of personal growth is different, and we want you to focus on your wellbeing in ways you are comfortable with.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager - PR & Event to join our Marketing team at Central Support Office. Reporting to the Brand & Communications team, you will uphold the reputation of Swire Hotels Group and its brands through external communications, crisis management and event management. You are contributing to amplify our brands by crafting press materials, managing important media contacts, leading PR and event campaigns, and supporting properties from markets around the world in the launch of exciting Swire Hotels Group projects.
You can create result with us using your expertise to…
PR, Influencer Marketing Management
- Provide strategic direction and organizes press activities to engage SHG executive management team to promote and position the brand, raise awareness and market key company initiatives through the relevant media channels
- Drive PR and Influencer marketing strategies in order to maximize publicity opportunities for all SHG brands
- Define tactical PR and influencer marketing strategies within the context of the Group’s sales and marketing objectives and to meet the yearly marketing goals on publicity related to the properties, products, design, brand partnerships, marketing campaigns and development activities
- Enhance and maintain a comprehensive PR and Influencer database
Media Relations Management
- Develop and organize press promotional activities and press trips
- Produce and distribute corporate press releases on key announcements and brand initiatives
- Coordinate the activities of property marketing teams in order to maximize the publicity opportunities or regional/global campaigns in different countries
- Develop and manage relationships with key trade and industry journalists, editors and key influencers in different countries
- Develop and pitch stories to specific media, maintaining strong plan for interview opportunities for SHG executive management team members
- Ensure media coverage is in line with the strategic direction and drive SHG brands’ worldwide exposure from local initiatives and brand stories
- Lead and work with the internal teams and external partners to develop and execute strategic brand event programs that are targeted at our audiences and integrated with other marketing tactics
- Work with corporate and property marketing teams to ensure that our events are creative and coordinated with the various digital and social platforms
- Ensure relevant post event analysis is done so that we can measure our events effectively which in turn will influence future decisions
- Manage the creative and production process, including invitation, event production, audio visual requirements, speaker management, overall logistics and post event administration
- Drive crisis communications strategy and provide PR counsel to management during times of crisis
- Manage ongoing media listening and responses in partnership with the social media team and corporate quality team
- Schedule and manage crisis communications training for senior executives at the corporate office, as well as properties around the world
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a public relations and event planning role for a global brand or an agency with a strategic vision for how to maximize business results
- Internationally minded. Highly motivated and energetic
- Experience leading and managing compact corporate and regional teams, as well as PR agencies
- Strong connection with international business, travel and lifestyle media
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin)
- Well-developed leadership skills; effective relationship management skills and strategic thinking with strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience in providing event program strategic mentorship, including target audience experience mapping, event portfolio analysis and integration with other marketing tactics
- Good understanding of the hospitality industry, strong creative ideas and analytical skills
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Turn up in smart casual attires and be as comfortable as you can at work!
- Stagger your working hours and have the flexibility to create a working schedule that fits you!
- Whoosh into the office with ease as it is conveniently located near an MTR station and accessible with public transits!
- Dine at our team dining hall and save on meals!
- Join our wellness programme and healthy pantry and attend to your mental and physical wellbeing!
- Enjoy COMPLIMENTARY room nights at all of our hotels b’cause, who doesn’t love to travel?
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.