- Central Support Office - Hong Kong
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Thursday, September 16, 2021
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As an IT Manager - Applications, you’ll join a team of energetic IT professionals, he or she will be leading Applications across the Group on technology design, development, deployment and support.
Your success: Take-up leadership role in driving technology aspects of IT Applications including:
- Business requirements, design, development
- Product evaluation and selection
- Customization/ standardization
- Testing, deployment and on-going maintenance
- Regular review to ensure optimal utilization
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks including:
- Dress: Wear Smart & Casual (no formal suit) – and be as comfortable at work as you can.
- Flexibility: Staggered working hours - pick your own work schedule to fit your own plan.
- Food: Save thousands of dollars on food each year thanks to our team dining room.
- Location: Above MTR Station, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible location.
- Wellness: Chill yourself by joining our wellness programme and healthy pantry. Have FUN!
- Love Travel? Enjoy FREE room nights at all our hotels.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience: Minimum 7-8 years’ experience with IT applications management in leading, developing or supporting large-scale systems
- Education: A recognized University degree in Information Technology or a related discipline
- Skills: Capability in leading IT applications initiatives in complex and dynamic environment with proven experiences in managing key stakeholders across the organization and third-party vendors, well versed in applications technologies including experiences in hands-on technical roles in application development management, together with IT networking / infrastructure, techniques, risks, best practices, security / change management principles. Familiar with Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, AliCloud, Cloud application systems and its deployment in China. Fluent in written and oral English and Putonghua which able to articulate in communications, especially with management in a non-technical language
- Personality: If you are a good team player and guest oriented, a self-starter who is resourceful, energetic, confident, then this is a job for you.
- Extra Awesome: Worked with hospitality or international-scale B2C industry preferred
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Understand business needs, priorities requirements and liaise with technical staff and vendors to achieve timely and cost-effective solutions. Liaise with the software vendors to ensure solutions are deployed as per guidelines and business requirements
- Keep up-to-date with new technology developments and evaluate their suitability for new initiatives
- Define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Liaise with Security, audit team and Operations for proper measures are in place
- Design and ensure a secure, reliable, scalable, compliant and efficient design of systems.
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.