- Central Support Office - Hong Kong
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Friday, June 4, 2021
Purpose of Role
As a Group Finance Manager, you’ll work to assist the Head of Finance in carrying out a full-range of accounting operation, policy and performance.
Your success: You are a champion to drive and monitor the overall accounting operations in Swire Hotels. A key driver to deliver and enhance the financial processes/ projects supporting the further growth of Swire Hotels.
What you'll get?
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Dress: Wear Smart & Causal (no formal suit) – and be as comfortable at work as you can
- Flexibility: Staggered working hours - pick your own work schedule to fit your own plan
- Food: Save thousands of dollars on food each year thanks to our team dining room
- Location: Above MTR Station, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible location
- Wellness: Chill yourself by joining our wellness programme and healthy pantry. Have FUN!
- Love Travel? Enjoy FREE room nights at all our hotels.
What you'll need?
- Experience: At least 10 years of relevant work experience in a hotel finance environment as well as a professional chartered accountancy qualification
- Education: Degree holder in Finance or Accounting
- Skills: Strong analytical & communication skills, good command in verbal & written English & Chinese, strong experience in financial accounting and management reporting, good analytical and leadership skills with strong organisational and communications skills
- Personality: Attention to detail, flexible and innovative, enjoy working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Extra Awesome: Experience in system integration and project management
What you'll do?
- Lead a large team of finance professionals overseeing responsibilities for a group of business units in Hong Kong
- Support a dedicated group of operations stakeholders in hotels as well as playing a key role as a member of the global finance leadership team
- Develop and maintain group finance operating policies and procedures
- Coordinate and manage risk and control for finance operations including the Group Internal Audit Department (GIAD) as well as External Audit
- Prepare and present financial reports for management meetings, auditable financial statements, owner reporting and support in the development of the strategic roadmap
- Collect, interpret and review financial information and provide commentaries
- Liaise with business functions on a wide range of operational issues and system migrations
- Review bank reconciliations and liaise with Sales Team for unapplied receipts
- Manage cash balances, forecast payments and ensure that cash flows are adequate
- Review payment of invoices and refund of deposits
- Complete tax filings and deal with matters relating to the IRD
- Maintain banking relationships, negotiate new banking and credit services
- Collaborate cross functionally to understand needs and propose appropriate solutions
- Support post-transitional system planning and integration
- Work with IT Department to identify and implement opportunities for automation
- Benchmark, research and monitor industry’s best practices, standards and incorporate these into strategic planning
- Implement approved solutions and monitor the systems roll-out, address planning gaps
- Provide project oversight to ensure business requirements are fulfilled and risks are mitigated
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.