- Central Support Office - Hong Kong
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Saturday, October 15, 2022
Swire Hotels is a group of individual hotel brands who set out to craft extraordinary hospitality for our guests. Our two brands, The House Collective and EAST, are found all over the world…… hopefully soon! Each exceptionally unique yet joined by a shared appreciation for aesthetics and service excellence.
We craft our journeys with passions in:
- Art – Perhaps the greatest expression of one person’s individuality which we proudly celebrate, art flows through everything at Swire Hotels.
- Sustainability – We strive to create a healthy ecosystem of people who are concerned about our impact on the environment, embody our values, and have the passion to always grow, inspire and innovate.
- Wellness – Everyone’s journey of personal growth is different, and we want you to focus on your wellbeing in ways you are comfortable with.
We are looking for a Finance Manager (report directly to the Director of Finance) to join our Finance team at Central Support Office.
You can create result with us using your expertise to…
- Lead a team of finance professionals to oversee responsibilities for business units (hotels – The Upper House, EAST Hong Kong and related operations) in Hong Kong
- Support operations stakeholders and play a key role in the global finance leadership team
- Develop and maintain finance operating policies and procedures
- Manage risk and control for finance operations including liaising with the Group Internal Audit Department (GIAD) and with the External Auditor
- Support the preparation of Budgets, Forecasts and other major financial appraisals, business plans
- Responsible for the preparation, and quality of financial reports, auditable financial statements, owner reporting and support in the development of the strategic roadmap
- Interpret and review financial information, including actively take part in the operations’ monthly financial review
- Review bank reconciliations and relevant balance sheet schedules
- Manage cash balances, forecast payments and ensure adequate cash flows
- Review invoices payment and deposits refund
- Responsible for completing tax filings and handle IRD-related matters
- Liaise with business functions on operational issues and system migrations
- Support the Director of Finance in identifying and implementing opportunities for automation
- Implement solutions and monitor systems roll-out, address planning gaps
- Support post-transitional system planning and integration
- Provide project oversight to ensure business requirements are fulfilled and risks are mitigated
- Support to maintain banking relationships, negotiate new banking and credit services
- Support to maintain good business relationships with insurer, lawyers, and other relevant external services
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in hotel industry
- Hands-on experience in financial accounting and management reporting
- Experience in system integration and project management
- A bachelor degree in finance/Accounting, or relevant professional qualifications
- A professional chartered accountancy qualification
- Good command in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- A people-leader who is detailed-minded, flexible, and innovative
- Ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Turn up in smart casual attires and be as comfortable as you can at work!
- Stagger your working hours and have the flexibility to create a working schedule that fits you!
- Whoosh into the office with ease as it is conveniently located near an MTR station and accessible with public transits!
- Dine at our team dining hall and save on meals!
- Join our wellness programme and healthy pantry and attend to your mental and physical wellbeing!
- Enjoy COMPLIMENTARY room nights at all of our hotels because, who doesn’t love to travel?
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.