- Central Support Office - Hong Kong
- Project Management
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Thursday, August 17, 2023
Swire Hotels is a group of individual hotel brands who set out to craft extraordinary hospitality for our guests. Our two brands, The House Collective and EAST, are found all over the world…… hopefully soon! Each exceptionally unique yet joined by a shared appreciation for aesthetics and service excellence.
We craft our journeys with passions in:
- Art – Perhaps the greatest expression of one person’s individuality which we proudly celebrate, art flows through everything at Swire Hotels.
- Sustainability – We strive to create a healthy ecosystem of people who are concerned about our impact on the environment, embody our values, and have the passion to always grow, inspire and innovate.
- Wellness – Everyone’s journey of personal growth is different, and we want you to focus on your wellbeing in ways you are comfortable with.
We are looking for a Design Manager to join our Project Management team at the Central Support Office.
You can create result with us using your expertise to…
- Manage the design development and co-ordination for hotel/apartment/restaurant fit-out and new build projects involving regular co-ordination with the multi-disciplinary consultant team
- Develop design and tender packages in conjunction with the consultant team, incorporating the design refinements following concept presentations and mock-up reviews
- Review design packages and liaise with the consultant team to ensure design compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements
- Manage the delivery of projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget, and in accordance with design intent
- Deliver cost effective fit-out projects by identifying Value Engineering (VE) and Cost Deduction (CD) proposals, and propose alternative design and/or materials specification modifications where necessary
- Review technical submissions and method statements submitted by fit-out contractors
- Co-ordinate with the Owner project team, fit-out contractors and FF&E suppliers to review and ensure the quality of shop drawing submissions, material samples, technical submissions and prototypes and approve them in a timely manner, whilst ensuring the design integrity is maintained
- Prepare all necessary hand-sketches to supplement the original construction drawings to ensure that all site conditions are addressed to maintain design intent during the construction phase
- Inspect the progress and quality of the construction build and related works to determine compliance with specifications and design intent
- Conduct inspections upon Practical Completion and in conjunction with the Architect and other consultants, prepare a well-documented defects list and recommend remedial works to correct the defects
- Vet all as-built drawings
You can go that extra mile by using your skills and qualities including…
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in interior fitting-out/building/construction field is a must, preferably relevant to the Hotel industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related discipline
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese and high proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD
- Resourceful, passionate about quality and have a strong desire to deliver results
- A team player with proven track record of managing large fit-out projects with ability to work collaboratively with and/or lead internal and external stakeholders
- A problem solver and self-starter who is able to work independently and proactively with strong and effective communication skills
With great expectations come great rewards. A range of perks is offered in addition to our competitive packages because happy employees make for a happy company! You can…
- Turn up in smart casual attires and be as comfortable as you can at work!
- Stagger your working hours and have the flexibility to create a working schedule that fits you!
- Whoosh into the office with ease as it is conveniently located near an MTR station and accessible with public transits!
- Dine at our team dining hall and save on meals!
- Join our wellness programme and healthy pantry and attend to your mental and physical wellbeing!
- Enjoy COMPLIMENTARY room nights at all of our hotels b’cause, who doesn’t love to travel?
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.