- Central Support Office - Hong Kong
- Employment Type
- Ref. No.
- Job Posted Date
- Friday, April 23, 2021
Purpose of Role
As a Cost Accountant, you’ll work to assist the team to carry out a full-range of finance and accounting activities, including the preparation of journal vouchers, accounts payable payment.
Your success: will assist Finance team to a smooth payment process while simultaneously developing your skills in accounting field.
What you'll get?
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Dress: Wear Smart & Causal (no formal suit) – and be as comfortable at work as you can
- Flexibility: Staggered working hours - pick your own work schedule to fit your own plan
- Food: Save thousands of dollars on food each year thanks to our team dining room
- Location: Above MTR Station, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible location
- Wellness: Chill yourself by joining our wellness programme and healthy pantry. Have FUN!
- Love Travel? Enjoy FREE room nights at all our hotels.
What you'll need?
- Experience: At least 5 years relevant working experience.
- Education: Diploma or above in Business, Finance/ Accounting or equivalent
- Skills: Good verbal and written communication and advanced analytics and reporting skills.
- Personality: An independent and detail oriented self- starter who is energetic & confident.
- Extra Awesome: Capable of working in a fast paced and dynamic environment with experience in using Sun Accounting, POS Systems and Cost & Inventory Systems.
What you'll do?
- Coordinate the updates and maintenance of recipes in the costing system (Supply Chain Management, “SCM”), and work with restaurant management and finance to sort out issues pertaining to F&B.
- Check the menu pricing on the POS system and ensure the relevant recipes are maintained in SCM.
- Analyse food & beverage costs and prepare gross margin analysis by restaurant.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory by product and provide daily Food and Beverage Report and distribute to management.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies and report on variances and their causes.
- Control the Food and Beverage outlets in terms of wastage, pilferage and efficiency.
- Check and verify all cross outlets transfer in SCM; all Event Orders and provide explanations for variances.
- Participate in stock taking, investigate counting variances and resolve issues.
- Create and review the controls needed for inventory management.
- Maintain internal control documentation and test controls.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries, as necessary.
Swire Hotels make sure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities. You will not be disadvantaged because of your sex, pregnancy, disability, race, marital status, family status, age or sexual orientation during your employment or when applying for a job with us. What matters to us is that you are the best person for the job and that you do a good job. All Information collected will be used for employment purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks of application should consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.